21.5.14

Day 8 | watercolor & ink; kiki's

It is day 8! Woke up to dogs barking. Half still asleep I thought my cat was being murdered in the other room and somehow a giant beast of a canine was savagely ripping her to shreds. Moments later I realized I had just left my window open and the neighbors graciously let their dog go bonkers at 7 am. My only complaint about living in an apartment..living on the first floor and extremely rowdy neighbors with hellion children.

Kiki's Delivery Service is one of my favorite anime's I've ever seen. It's innocent and sweet, but about a young witch finding her place. Not to mention every women in the film are strong, independent ladies that won't take flack from anyone. It takes a tribe to raise a child, right? I would have loved growing up with an artist that lives in the forest and a chubby baker.

This might be my favorite piece I've done so far. Merely because I had fun and the theme was light and cute. It started as just the drawing of Kiki and then I thought it might be cool to give it a witchy feel. She's a twitchy witchy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment