26.5.14

Day 10 | ink; succulent

It's Memorial Day and I realize I haven't posted since the 22nd. The reason being, I've been having some issues with this project. The reason I started this 30 day project was to motivate myself to create art daily. I've done this in the past, hoping it would motivate me and encourage me to immerse myself in art like I was once. Things started out great. I was excited and happy to be creating, even if it was a small drawing. At least it was something! Well, I've come to find that I've had to force myself to do my daily drawing and it has become more of a burden. Thursday I had a sort of breakdown. Saturday I also through a housewarming party in my new place. So I didn't find time to make anything the past few days. Hence, I haven't posted in a few days.

I lost motivation, momentum, drive. Like I do with all things. Everything I do, I do with vigor and drive for the first week or so, then I begin losing whatever it was that got me started. Even when I remind myself why I did what I started. My problem right now seems to be I'm not where I thought I would be or want to be at almost 24 years old. I'm not sure where I thought I would be at this time. But I certainly did not think I would being living the way I do. Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy. Life just lacks a certain amount of excitement lately. I wake up, make coffee, and just wait to go to work after my day has passed me by.

So here I am, day 10 with a new life goal and continuing a project I sometimes find as a chore to do. Life has started passing me by and I'm not ok with that. This weekend I've made the decision to find a job in the art field in some way and within a year be at a place I am happy and excited to be at. For longer than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment