29.5.14

Day 13 | pen & colored pencil; mermaid

I started today out with a good amount of excitement and energy. As hours passed, I struggled to find inspiration. My energy dwindled and I found myself playing with my cat to distract myself. Eventually I sat down and started doodling. Eventually I produced today's drawing. It draws from the art nouveau again, though much less detailed and fancy than classic art nouveau pieces. I kept it simple partly out of choice and partly out of not wanting to ruin what I already had.

Using such a hard pencil doesn't help when I make mistakes. The imprint doesn't leave the page. It's strange, for how many pencils I've bought for drawing I've been reduced to about 3, one being a normal pencil belonging to my boyfriend. This weekend I plan on dragging him to an art store with me.

Items I will be buying:

  • new moleskin (watercolor & sketch)
  • drawing pencils
  • waterproof drawing pens
  • look at more watercolors

No comments:

Post a Comment